Colon hydrotherapy can be a very relaxing treatment. It is both pleasant and effective. Although most people feel relief after their first session, it takes a series of at least three sessions within 7 – 14 days to begin cleansing and restoring the colon. This depends on the age, state, health and the condition of the colon in each individual. Some benefits may be:
* It has a cleansing, antiseptic action on the intestines, whereby putrefied material, impacted fecal matter, excessive mucous and even pus and infected tissue may be removed from the colon. This leaves a clean, healthier colon.
* Colon hydrotherapy may have an antihelmintic action. This means parasites may be removed. Example: tapeworms, pinworms. On rare occasions you might actually see them in the viewing tube before it goes down the drain, most are too small to see.
* Colon hydrotherapy may also increase the water level and diuretic action in your body. Water is absorbed and this increases the volume of the blood. Circulation is increased, resulting in greater bathing of the individual cells, this dilutes toxins and flushes them out, relieves toxemia, increases the elimination through both the kidneys and skin as well as the bowels. This generally assists the cardiovascular and circulatory systems to be more efficient.
* Colon hydrotherapy may also eliminate enough toxins that the skin, which is an organ in itself, to have better circulation and function more efficiently. This can help with many skin problems and make the skin look younger and healthier. Sometimes producing a healthy glow before the client ever leaves the office.
* Hot and cold water may be used interchangeably in the course of the session. Cold water tends to stimulate the colon to push harder to get out the impacted stool and also helps remove gas easier. Hot water tends to break down the fecal matter better and helps to relax the colon. (water should never be hot enough to be uncomfortable) Colonics can also be used for other purposes than just general cleansing of the colon. Hot water colonics can be used to supply heat to the body, which serves as a stimulant for shock, collapse and hypothermia. The cleansing action, along with the heat, is beneficial in the treatment of colds and flu. The cold water can be most beneficial when applied physiologically. Anytime there is hypepyrexia, or high fever, the introduction of cold water can aid in reducing it. Cold water can also be used to destroy parasites and remove excess flatulence.
* Many people are overweight. Anywhere between 5 and 40 pounds of waste material can accumulate within the walls of the colon. Proper colon hydrotherapy can aid greatly in elimination of unwanted and unsightly excess pounds, as well as the dull, irritable logy feeling that is so prevalent with such a burdened colon. (Less likely if you are a vegetarian)
* Internal cleansing due to colon hydrotherapy can also increase circulation, which increases perspiration. Due to the removal of toxic wastes, skin becomes strong and healthy; people can look years younger. Colon hydrotherapy can help to increase the emptying and draining of an irritated liver and gallbladder, due to the release of exerted internal pressure caused by impacted fecal matter (coffee additive would be beneficial for this). It can also strengthen the colon muscle and help it to function more efficiently, especially if the alternating water temp. is used. For this reason there should be no fear that your body might become dependant on colonics. In most cases it makes the muscle tone of the colon better.